January 13, 2017
Some work has been done on a new version of the game, which will include some bug fixes, small image adjustments, and possibly a new level. It should be out within the next few months. Note that this version will not be able to load older save files.
December 27, 2015
v1.0.7 is now available for download. Changes are as follows:
- Added several images for the winter & halloween tilesets.
- Added an image for the player holding the pickaxe.
- More objects are now able to be toggled by the lever (slanted walls, arrow passages).
- Animation on main menu.
- Various minor bug fixes.
December 13, 2015
We are working on the next version of the game, which will mainly be a bug-fix release. We hope to get it done by the end of January.
May 30, 2015
v1.0.6 is now available for download, as well as a version for older Windows computers. Changes are as follows:
- Two new user levels (11 & 12) added.
- Reduced processor & energy usage when playing the game and while in menus.
- Mouse input.
- Small changes to levels 6, 10, 14, 22 and 25 to correct errors identified using anonymous user solution data.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when pushing an icy pushblock into a fire (thanks to Michel G. & hedin41).
- Various minor bug fixes.
- Various minor graphical enhancements.
- A few new & changed sound effects.
- Games are now animated on the level select screen.
- Checking for updates and sending anonymous usage data no longer creates small pauses in menus.
- Statistics about player deaths are now sent to us if data sending is enabled.
January 30, 2015
We have started work on the next version of the game. It should be out within the next few months.
September 26, 2014
Introducing elarel 1.0.5 - The Sea Update! This version features 2 new fiendish levels for you to solve - don't drown in the water! Full changes are as follows:
- Two new levels with new puzzles and objects! (Levels 15 and 25)
- Made big changes to Levels 11 & 12.
- Reorganized levels for a better difficulty curve.
- Multiple saved games per level! Press V for save and L for load. Alternatively, you can continue using Q and E for quicksave & quickload. (Thanks to Matt W. for the suggestion.)
- elarel has been translated into French! Please report any errors.
- elarel will now check for updates and send anonymous usage data to us periodically, if you give it permission. It will ask you after you have completed three levels.
- An animation when entering/exiting a level has been added.
- Three levels instead of two are now unlocked by default. (Thanks to Matt W. for the suggestion.)
- Level 17 (Frozen Archipelago) will now use the winter tileset by default.
- Made small changes to Levels 3 & 6.
- The level editor now has more menu options: Fill with selected tile, Clear all, and Flip level horizontally.
- The gravity switch button now has a 'middle' position to indicate that gravity is zero in that particular direction.
- The quicksave for a level is now deleted after the level is beaten. (Thanks to Stalph for the suggestion.)
- Fixed a bug where an arrow could go into an infinite loop. (Thanks to Stalph.)
- Fixed a bug where the game would crash if a pushblock was pushed into a broken floor. (Thanks to Stalph and Buffy B.)
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
- Several minor graphical enhancements.
- (Mac) Now has achievements using Game Center! (Mac App Store copy only.) You can view achievements and challenge friends using the button at the top-left of the main menu.
- (Win) The Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable is now included in the download (vcredist86_32.exe) in case you don't have it installed already. (Thanks to Linda M.)
- (Win) Quicksaves, user levels, and the options file are now saved in the application support directory. To keep your game progress, you should move your old options file into the /Users/[username]/AppData/roaming/elarel/ directory, which will be created automatically after launching the new version.
March 12, 2014
We are currently working on the next version of the game, v1.0.5. It should be out some time in the next few months.
December 11, 2013
v1.0.4 released! Changes include the following:
- Happy Holidays from the elarel team! A new winter tileset has been added. (You can cycle through the available tilesets by pressing 't' in-game.)
- A new level has been added (level 17), featuring the new Icy Pushblock.
- Several minor graphical enhancements.
- Fixed several minor bugs.
- (Win) Icon added to game executable (thanks Mikael!).
November 25, 2013
We are currently working on a Winter Update for the game. It should be out by mid-December.
October 22, 2013
v1.0.3 released! Changes include the following:
- Happy Halloween! Some images in the game have been styled for our favourite holiday. (You can switch back to the default tileset by twice pressing 't' in-game.)
- A second new tileset has been created, available by pressing the 't' key in-game.
- Minor changes have been made to certain levels.
- Graphical bug fixed on level select screen.
- (Mac) Support for OS X Mavericks.
October 7, 2013
We are currently working on a new version for the game. It should be out before month's end.
September 27, 2013
A new version of the game has been put up on the download page for people using Windows who have a graphics card made before 2006. Note that this version may run slightly slower than the regular Windows download, and has some graphical niceties removed for compatibility.
September 21, 2013
We are aware of an issue that is preventing elarel from running on certain Windows XP computers made before 2006. We are currently trying to fix this error and should have it resolved in a week or two.
September 17, 2013
v1.0.2 released! Changes include the following:
- Level 12 is now accessible by default.
- Levels 2 and 3 have been switched, and the new level 2 has been changed to be significantly more easy.
- An introductory message with controls information is displayed the first time you play your first level.
- The sounds for bumping into a wall and using a pickaxe to destroy a block have been changed.
- The sound effect volume has been lowered.
- Various minor bug fixes and enhancements.
- (954) Two bugs fixed, one involving a crash and the other involving loading saved files when the level has been switched.
- (954) (Mac) Support for 32-bit processors.
- (954) (Mac) Fixed a bug preventing the game from opening on 10.6.
August 29, 2013
v1.0.1 released. Changes include the following:
- The on/off-type generator now has a clearer image.
- A bug has been fixed with the on/off-type generators (when an on/off generator is turned off, and has a fence nearby which is also off, but there is a generator near that fence, also off, and you switch that generator on, then the first generator will also now turn on).
August 22, 2013
Windows build updated with bugfixes.
August 20, 2013
elarel v1.0 (build 941) released for public download on website & Mac App Store.